Founded in 1974, The Rape Crisis Center is the only stand-alone organization dedicated to sexual violence survivor services and prevention in Nevada. With our community’s backing, we have delivered resources and support to tens of thousands of Nevadans in the immediate aftermath and long-term recovery following sexual abuse and assault. Our clients include people of all backgrounds, genders, and ages. The commitment of our board, staff, and volunteers to this cause is unwavering. We are fortunate to have grant funding that supports much of our work, but there are numerous activities and expenses that fall outside of grant funding; Services such as transportation assistance, some of our support groups and counseling, and even the clean set of clothing we give to survivors at the hospital are services made possible from donations from our community. There are multiple ways to support our mission on this page.
Please contact Colleen or Daniele to set-up a monthly donation or use our PayPal button for a one time donation:
Ways to Help
- Smith’s Inspiring Donations
- You can donate 0.5% of your grocery bill to the RCC. Visit http://www.myinspiringdonations.com/ to get set up in 3 easy steps!
- Amazon Smile
- You can also donate 0.5% of your eligible Amazon.com purchases. To sign up visit https://smile.amazon.com/
- Planned Gift
- If you would like to make a planned charitable gift of stocks, bonds, equities or other items of value, we have a partnership with the Nevada Community Foundation to enable you to support the RCC in this way. Please contact Carmella Gadsen at 702-385-2153 or email@example.com to discuss this option.
- The Rape Crisis Center offers volunteer victim advocate training three times a year. To learn more about giving to the RCC in this way, click here
- We hold major events twice a year. For more info, see the descriptions below or view our calendar here.
- Perhaps you are part of a social group, faith community, or other group that would like to do a fundraising event to benefit The Rape Crisis Center. If so, we would love to work with you in the promotion of the event, and to provide information about The Rape Crisis Center’s programs and services. Contact Carmella Gadsen at 702-385-2153 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this option.
Company or Group
- We hold two major events per year, Denim Day and Night Out. Both events require the support of local business owners and corporations via sponsorship. Perks include advertisements and logos at events and in pre-event marketing, priority seating and tickets, and more. To discuss these opportunities, contact Carmella at (702) 385-2153 or email@example.com.
- Your business can support the RCC together through United Way Workplace Giving. For more information and to sign up, visit https://www.uwsn.org/workplace-giving.
- Your business can take Workplace Giving one step further by matching your employees’ gift. Contact Carmella at (702) 385-2153 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Denim Day, an international day of sexual assault awareness celebrated in April, is The Rape Crisis Center’s biggest awareness and outreach program of the year. Your business can encourage employees to donate $5 in exchange for wearing denim to spread awareness of this cause. Sponsors and silent auction item donations are also needed for this event. For more info, call (702) 385-2153.
If you would like to get your business involved in supporting the work of The Rape Crisis Center, there are many ways to do so. The best way for businesses to get involved is through Denim Day, held annually in April. Simply allow your employees to donate $5 in exchange for the ability to wear jeans to work on Denim Day. The Rape Crisis Center will provide stickers, thank you signs, and advertise you as a participating business in all media around the Denim Day event.
If you would like to make a planned charitable gift of stocks, bonds, equities or other items of value, we have a partnership with the Nevada Community Foundation which enables you to support the RCC in this way. Please contact Daniele at 702-385-2153 or email@example.com to discuss this option.
Perhaps you are part of a social group, faith community, or other group that would like to do a fundraising event to benefit The Rape Crisis Center. If so, we would love to work with you in the promotion of the event, and to provide information to group members and attendees about The Rape Crisis Center and our programs and services.